11, 1999, the North Coast Polytechnic Institute (NCPI) began operations
to provide training to law enforcement officers and law enforcement
agencies. There is a need within the law enforcement sector to provide
EFFECTIVE, AFFORDABLE, and PROFESSIONAL
training that is meaningful and professionally taught. NCPI will
bring any of these training programs to your agency. The host agency
must locate a training facility to host the school. Discounted rates
will be available to the host agency.
January Flyer: Listing of schools
WHAT'S NEW. . .
CPT 2017 Continued Professional Training Information
NOTE CHANGES IN REIMBURSEMENT FOR 2017: As you may already know, OPOTC has mandated that 20 hours of Continuing Professional Training (CPT) be conducted for every appointed peace officer and trooper in the State of Ohio in 2017. While the calculation is based on $20.00 per hour, each appointing authority shall receive "100%" reimbursement from the state for 11 of the required 20 hours of training. Of the remaining 9 hours, each appointing authority shall receive state reimbursement at the rate of: a). 100% for the first 50 "full time" officers trained and b). 80% for any "full time" officers trained after the first 50 "full time" officers have been trained. If reimbursement is desired, sixteen (16) of the hours must be conducted in the predetermined "critical subjects" and the other four (4) hours must be in "general law enforcement".
The 16 hours of "critical subject" training must be conducted in the following topics: 6 hours on Trauma Informed Policing; 4 hours on Procedural Justice and Police Legitimacy or 4 hours on Blue Courage; 2 hours on Legal Updates and 4 hours on Practical Use of Force. The 4 hours on "general law enforcement" can be on any law enforcement related training topic.
I will be conducting training in 2017 over a 2 day period on only sixteen (16) hours in the following topics:
. . . Day One (8AM-5PM) Legal Updates - 6 hours & Procedural Justice & Police Legitimacy (1st 2 hours);
. . . Day Two (8AM-5PM) Procedural Justice & Police Legitimacy (final 2 hours) & Trauma Informed Policing (6 hours).
I will NOT be conducting training on the other four (4) hours of "Practical Use of Force" because it must be instructed by OPOTA certified use of force trainers and it must also meet the instructor/student ratio of 1 instructor for every 10 students. It may be cost prohibitive for me to conduct this training due to the costs associated with hiring many force instructors for each seminar at the 1 instructor to every 10 students ratio. It is my recommendation that departments across the State conduct this training themselves with their own in-house certified force trainers or partner up with other departments in their area to get this done. You will have all year to get the training conducted. I am actively scheduling CPT training seminars for 2017 and will be posting the seminars on my web site as they are scheduled.
- CPT: 16 hrs (Legal Updates, Procedural Justice & Police Legitimacy and Trauma Informed Policing) Cost: $150 Lorain PD (Day 1): Feb 3; Feb 8; Feb 24 and Feb 27 then (Day 2) Mar 9, Mar 13, Mar 22, and Mar 31; Beachwood PD Feb 6-7 and Feb 21-22; Poland Twp PD (Day 1) Feb 7 and March 2 then (Day 2) Feb 16 and March 9 : Broadview Hts PD (Day 1)Feb 9 and Feb 16 then and (Day 2) Feb 23 and March 2 ; Mayfield Village PD Feb 14-15 and Feb 23-24; Cleve Metropk Ranger Dept Apr 10-11, Apr 12-13, May 11-12 and May 18-19; Wickliffe PD Apr 11-12; Strongsville PD Apr 17-18, Apr 24-25, May 8-9 and May 15-16; Perry Twp PD Apr 18-19; No Canton PD Apr 20-21; Geneva PD Apr 25-26 and Apr 27-28; Perrysburg Twp PD May 2-3; Whitehouse PD May 9-10; Bedford PD May 17-18 and May 24-25 (*Noon-9:00 PM ); Independence PD (Day 1) Sept 28 and Oct 12 then (Day 2) Oct 5 and Oct 19 and Marysville PD (Columbus) Oct 16-17 & Oct 18-19; and Upper Sandusky PD May 31-June 1 and June 7-8.
- PEALS 2017 Police Executive and Administrative Leadership School host: Fairview Park PD $1500
- FTO Feb 28-March 3, 2017 Host: Parma PD
- First Line Supervision March 13-17, 2017 host: Bay Village PD
- Attorneys:CLE's should be available:
- Criminal Patrol/Drug Interdiction -
- Range Officers
Executives:PEALS 2017 Police Executive and Administrative Leadership School host: Fairview Park PD $1500
- Director Healy is available for individualized training related to assessment center preparation for officers or supervisors pursuing promotion. Training would include an in-basket exercise, and how to prepare for a group problem solving project, supervisor/subordinate conflict, complaint handling, media relations and oral interview.
- Director Healy is also available as an expert witness,
and can provide insight and expertise in writing expert reports and providing expert testimony in depositions and/or jury trials. Call for
- Ask about reasonable rates available for training
the whole department; especially with CPT mandated training.
Are you on our mailing list? Are you interested in a specific
class. Click here and we will notify you
when we have classes in your area.